Excited to say out loud that I am working on a new solo album! Been hanging with friends and writing and absorbing all things to try and gather what it is I need to say. Cut 4 so far ... 6 to go!
My band Sugar + The Hi-Lows are back teaming up with the Nashville Ballet for the 2016-2017 season! Mark your calendars for February 9-12, 2017!
Under the Lights choreography by Christopher Stuart
Live music performed by Sugar + The Hi-Lows
Music by Johnny Cash, Amy Stroup and Trent Dabbs
Sergeant Early’s Dream choreography by Christopher Bruce
Music by Various Irish, English and American Folk Composers
Smash hit Under the Lights returns after its 2014 premiere to pay tribute the iconic life and legacy of Johnny Cash with Nashville’s own Sugar + The Hi-Lows. Offering a glimpse into the origins of modern day country, Sergeant Early’s Dream is a collection of vignettes depicting the immigration experience from Europe to America in the 19th century set to early folk music. With this bold combination of contemporary dance and live music, Nashville Ballet shows off its edgier side with a little Attitude.
Attitude will be at TPAC's Polk Theater for four (4) performances:
- Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 10, 2017 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
So honored to join Phil Madeira, Wayne Kirkpatrick & Gordon Kennedy for a round at the historical The Bluebird Cafe for Nashville's biggest festival for Songwriters #TINPANSOUTH. Don't miss it! Thursday, April 7th at 9:00 p.m. Check out http://tinpansouth.com/ for tickets Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival.
We got to write a little Sugar + The Hi-Lows song with our buddy Phil Madeira for his #Mercyland Vol. 2 project. The song is an acoustic, raw, & prayerful song called 'Stanger'. Some of our favorite people are featured collaborators on the record as well including EmmyLou Harris, John Paul White, David Crowder, The Lone Bellow and more. The album just released digitally, be sure to check this unique project out.
Folks, it’s been a bucket list year. Below are some golden memories & thoughts from 2015. Click on the links to relive the pics and hear the songs!
1. Playing a sold out Royal Albert Hall in London show with my band Sugar + The Hi-Lows
2. Performing "Just You" and "Back Burner" at The Ryman at the sold out Ten out of Tenn Show
3. “Radar” featured on the 1st Calvin Klein perfume release in 21 years, CK2 commercial
4. Performing at the 1st country music show ever held at The Apollo Theater in Harlem w/ Kacey Musgraves
5. 107 degrees & wouldn’t have it any other way performing at Austin City Limits Music Festival for the 1st time
6. “Meet Me Here” from Tunnel Deluxe release on BUZZ FEED going viral for Vampire Diaries
7. Releasing ‘High Roller’ and recording a dance music video with friends and fans
8. Releasing Tunnel Deluxe complete with Remixes
9. New Music feat on Castle, Vampire Diaries, Chasing Life, Lost Girl, Mysteries of Laura & more!
10. Having the best fans, friends & supporters in the world & getting to see you all over the globe on tour with Sugar & The Hi-Lows and Kacey Musgraves! And singing Auld Lang Syne Sugar style to 150,000 of you!